What we're looking for
At the Seed Stage, we are looking for great ideas that have a significant chance of developing into successful businesses. Our goal is to help you, the entrepreneur, increase the probability of your success by providing capital, connections, and mentorship. Your idea doesn’t just need help, it needs the right kind of help.
We understand that launching a business in Kern County can be a challenge without direct access to capital and connections. The men and women of KVG have realized that in order to develop next generation ideas and technology, there has to be committed capital to help you achieve your business goals. The Fund members have built some of the largest companies in the world and have invested in KVG to help move your company from concept to acceptance.
KVG believes that a great idea can come from anyone, anywhere and at any time. Kern County has a long tradition of success and hard work, we believe that our seed investments will see this continue.
Kern Venture Group will use the following criteria, as guidelines, when considering companies for investment:
• Companies being considered are generally seeking their earliest round of financing. They will typically be at the start-up stage or one step beyond start-up with a working product prototype, and will already have founder and/or “friends and family” money invested in the company.
• Often invests in seed or start-up rounds.
• Typically invests between $50,000 and $200,000 per company.
• Co-invests with other venture capital funds, angel groups, or Super Angels (high net worth individuals who contribute large amounts to a company).
• It is anticipated that KVG Fund 2018 will invest in up to 20 portfolio companies, depending upon the total amount of capital committed.
• It is anticipated that no more than 10% of KVG’s fund size will be invested in any one company.